Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Full Time Ministry Comformation1

Shearn had just graduated from his IT degree and was looking for a job. He decided that he would be in full time ministry.

That sparked off my interest, especially when I talked with him about what Susan told him when we went for an interview at the church office last wednesday (1 Aug 07).

As we spoke he mentioned that ppl like me and him will need to have a paper qualification in theology to be in full time ministry (so that ppl will be more open to us, just like any other job outside). If one want to go into ministry in worship and music, then an additional music qualification (degree, masters, etc) is required.

I had a little doubt of going into full time ministry because of 3 things things that I wasn't quite sure off:
  • Is really calling me into full time ministry? (or izzit just my own thoughts?) - tho i more or less knows the answer.
  • Music courses are not cheap. Where do I get the money?
  • What about duration of study? Music takes 3 years, theology take 2 years...another 5 years of study?

Well, i've been praying and asking God about the 1st. His answer to me through my devotion was from John 6: 1 - 15. Jesus Feeds the Five Thousand. Verses 11- 13 spoke to me the most:

" 11 Jesus then took the loaves, gave thanks, and distributed to those who were seated as much as they wanted. He did the same with the fish.
12 When they had all had enough to eat, he said to his disciples, "Gather the pieces that are left over. Let nothing be wasted." 13 So they gathered them and filled twelve baskets with the pieces of the five barley loaves left over by those who had eaten."

I understood this as to have faith and trust in Him. Because he will provide. Just like how impossible it was to feed 5 thousand ppl with only 5 small barley loaves and 2 small fishes, He did!

Kinda reminds me of how the Red Sea parted only when Moses stepped in the sea. The sea didn't part before he stepped in but only when he did put his leg in.

So, yes...I think God is telling me to have faith and trust Him above all else and He will provide.

I think He solved 2 questions with 1 answer. Coz the answer relates to the 2nd question (concern). And if the 2nd is solved, that means the 1st is a "Yes".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home